NOTE: Before any monologue from this site may be used – either for audition or performance – you must read and agree to abide by the terms and conditions below. If you agree, click the appropriate button at the bottom of this page to view a listing of currently available monologues.
Free Audition Monologues (for men and women):
There is no fee for actors who wish to use any of the monologues published on this site as an audition piece only. However, the use of these monologues for any purpose other than an audition is subject to a royalty. See monologues for performance below:
As a courtesy for this free monologue service we ask that you:
1. You send an email to Contact Us informing us which monologue you intend to use.
2. At your audition, you clearly credit the title and author(s) of the work you have chosen for your monologue.
Monologues for Performance:
The use of these monologues for performance is subject to a royalty under the following conditions:
1. All monologues shown on this site are, and remain, the property of the author(s) listed.
2. If you wish to perform or incorporate one or more of these monologues into a production you must acquire permission in writing from the author(s). Be advised a royalty* may apply depending upon your production circumstances.
3. If a royalty is to be charged, payment in full must be rendered before the performance date.**
4. Whether inquiring about payment or asking permission, send an email to Contact Us and provide the following details; performance date, monologue(s) to be performed (cite the author(s) name(s)), the size of venue and any other information you think might be relevant to your request.
* In some cases, if the situation merits, and solely at the discretion of the author(s) royalties may be waived.
** Written permission, must still be obtained from the author(s) in advance of any rehearsal or production.